How to prepare a floor clock to be moved.
Care should be taken whenever you move your clock to ensure that all accessory parts such as pendulum, weights, etc. are removed and packed properly to prevent damage. Use cotton gloves or a soft cloth when handling the pendulum or weights.
- For clocks with a cable driven movement, insert foam blocks above the cable pulleys and wind the weights up fully. The foam blocks are intended to retain tension on the cables once the weights are removed. Be sure you wind the weights all the way up.
- For clocks with chains, use a long wire or string and put it through the chain links just below the chain sprocket. When done properly, the wire or string should go through six chain links. Secure the wire or string to prevent the chains from coming loose from the sprocket.
- Carefully stop the pendulum from swinging.
- Remove the weights. NEVER wind the clock without the weights installed. For clocks with chains, secure the chains so that they do not damage the finish.
- Remove the pendulum
- For tubular movements, remove the tubes
- Keep the clock in an upright position while carefully moving it to its new location.
- Set the clock up per the original set-up instructions. Ensure that the pulleys are properly located on the cables and the chains are properly located on the sprockets.
CLICK HERE to watch the video.
It's always recommended to contact and hire a professional furniture moving company for proper service. Local moving companies may be found online.
How to adjust a floor clock for Daylight Savings Time
It's simple to adjust your floor clock for Daylight Savings Time, simply move the minute hand counter clockwise 1 hour to "fall back" in the Fall, or simply move the minute hand clockwise 1 hour to "spring forward" in the Spring. No need to stop ...
How to clean the inside glass of a floor clock case.
CLICK HERE to watch a short video on how to safely remove the back panel of a a floor clock clean the inside glass case. This is helpful for the floor clock models that do not have front opening doors.
How to set up a floor clock?
Please refer to your owner's manual for proper clock set up. It will describe how to unpack and set up your clock, hang the pendulum, hang the weights, set the moon dial, set the time and start the clock. CLICK HERE to download the manual in ...
How to hang a pendulum on a quartz, battery-operated floor clock.
CLICK HERE for instructions on how to properly hang a pendulum on a variety of quartz, battery-operated floor clocks. Used primarily for clocks: 615067, 615069, 615070, 615071, 615080
What if my mechanical floor clock will not operate?
Ensure that all of the packing material has been removed. If the clock is a pendulum type, ensure that the spring clip or rubber band has been removed from the back of the movement. Try re-starting your clock. For pendulum clocks, it is important to ...