How to turn off auto daylight savings time in a "DST" clock.
If you have an older DST clock, it may have the "old" Daylight Savings Time dates programmed into it (April and October). In order for the clock to run without the times automatically changing, you can turn the DST function "OFF" and the clock will operate like any other standard quartz movement clock.
To turn the "DST" function off, please follow these steps.
- CLICK HERE for the operating instructions for DST clocks.
- Remove the battery and reinstall it.
- Once the battery is reinstalled, the "Set Up" screen will appear in the LCD display
- Follow each step in the set up/operationg instructions.
- In Step #4, of the instructions, it describes how to turn the "DST" option "On" or "OFF. You will need to select the "OF" or "Off" option at this time. This will turn the "DST" option off.
- Once this is done, complete steps #4 - #11. This is necessary in order to complete the programming change that turns the "DST" function off.
- The clock should now have the "DST" function turned "Off" and it will operate as any other non-DST quartz movement.
- You can now change the time manually using the time set knob on the back of the clock.
Auto daylight savings time "DST" clock changes on wrong dates.
In March of 2007, the US Government changed the months for daylight savings time from April through October to March through November. Under the new guidelines, daylight savings time starts on the second Sunday of March and ends on the first Sunday ...
How to adjust a floor clock for Daylight Savings Time
It's simple to adjust your floor clock for Daylight Savings Time, simply move the minute hand counter clockwise 1 hour to "fall back" in the Fall, or simply move the minute hand clockwise 1 hour to "spring forward" in the Spring. For mechanical ...
Radio controlled clock displays the wrong time zone.
If you live in an area that receives the signal but does not adjust for daylight-savings time, select ST (standard time) from the back of the movement while the rest of the country is in daylight-savings time and manually set the movement to the ...
How to adjust the time speed of a floor clock.
Changing the speed of time keeping is accomplished by moving the pendulum disk up or down. This is done by turning the adjustment nut at the bottom of the pendulum. To slow the clock down, lower the disk by turning the adjustment nut to the left. ...
I just moved the hands of my battery-operated clock forward for the time change and it doesn't work.
First replace the batteries with brand new fresh batteries. If that doesn‚Äôt work, you may have stripped the gears in the movement. Below are the proper ways to adjust the time on the battery-operated movements: FOR CHIMING MOVEMENTS: Set the time ...